[CS-FSLUG] Dear IE, I'm leaving you for good

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jan 3 17:43:08 CST 2005

"Dear Internet Explorer:

It's over. Our relationship just hasn't been working for a while, and now,
this is it. I'm leaving you for another browser.

I know this isn't a good time--you're down with yet another virus. I do hope
you feel better soon--really, I do--but I, too, have to move on with my life.
Fact is, in the entire time I've known you, you seem to always have a virus
or an occasional worm. You should really see a doctor.

That said, I just can't continue with this relationship any longer. I know you
say you'll fix things, that next time it'll go better--but that's what you
said the last time--and the time before that. Each time I believed you.

Well, not any longer.

You cheater!
 The truth is there's nothing more you can say to make things better. I know
about your secret marriage to Windows. You say you two are not seeing each
other anymore, but I just don't believe it. You say you can live without
Windows, and I've heard that Windows can live without you, but I know that's
simply not true."

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/AnchorDesk/4520-7297_16-5570819.html?tag=adss&tag=nl.e501-1

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."