[CS-FSLUG] Genesis 22:10

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 15:14:56 CST 2005

I have always seen this story as a typification of
Christ,

> On Monday 03 January 2005 02:40 pm, Jukka wrote:
> > I think God put there Abraham into a test (eg.
> would he obey God even
> > when it means giving up most important things in
> his life) .
>
> This is what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I didn't
> recall reading anything
> leading up to this plot, and it stuck out at me
> because of that. It was like
> a suprise to me that Abraham was about to slay his
> son.

Abraham had to wait until he was old to receive the
promised son (his only begotten son).  Then God told
Abraham to go and sacrifice his son (instead of a lamb
for example). Abraham, obeying the Lord even when he
didn't know why and really didn't want to, but
trusting God, found that at the last second the Lord
stopped him.  A ram was caught in a nearby thicket and
it was sacrificed instead (aren't we glad Christ went
all the way?). God, now illustrating the faith of
Abraham for our sakes and as an example, rewarded
Abraham by renewing the promise.  It was his great
faith that showed the nature of God (sacrificing His
own Son), how faith carries with it great rewards and
how no matter how precious something is to you or how
much you value it, God is still the owner and in
control.
100% trust = good things for everybody.

Gabe