[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Wed Oct 27 02:41:59 CDT 2004

Hmm...

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 03:06, N. Thompson wrote:
> KHTML has been ported to GTK, Gecko has been ported to Qt,
interestingly
> enough somehow here KDE and Gnome managed to almost swap rendering
> engines :-p , KHTML is so superior though that it'll never need
> replacing :-) .

I disagree. In my experience developing webpages, it has been (and still
is) apparent that KHTML, while far lighter than Gecko/Mozilla, still
needs some work. It does not render sites in the way it should be
according to standards (e.g., objects in table and alignment, etc.).

OTOH, Mozilla/Gecko also has its quirks. For example, the image border
is an ugly blue unless one explicitly specifies it at zero. That's a
bug that IE showed, and Mozilla does, too.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez