[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Oct 26 23:46:26 CDT 2004

> KHTML has been ported to GTK, Gecko has been ported to Qt,
> interestingly enough somehow here KDE and Gnome managed to almost swap
> rendering engines :-p , KHTML is so superior though that it'll never
> need replacing :-) .

	I have my doubts about that, although it is quite good. I'd love to
see KHTML merge with Gecko to unify the FOSS browsers. Gecko does
appear ready to pull far ahead and start eating Microsoft's lunch. Go
Firefox!

> I'll believe you when you learn C and the (awful) GTK toolkit ;-)
> One look at the GTK interface for C or C++ depending on which one is
> worse and you'll never want anything other then KDE and Qt again :-) .

	Nah. If I was going to, I'd probably learn C# and GTK# first, but in
actuality, I'll probably do that about the same time a certain rather
unsavory location drops below freezing.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |