[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Oct 26 00:34:34 CDT 2004

On October 25, 2004 08:46 am, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Here is the question of the week:
>
>  What is your favorite Open Source e-mail client and why?

[snip]

KMail or Kontact since they are both the same e-mail client even if one has
more apps integrated, Its fast, light and everything in KDE is so well
integrated and professional looking. I like all the usual KDE apps, KMail,
Konqueror, KWrite, KOffice etc... its better then Gnome, its better then
Windows and its better then what I've seen of Mac OS X although I have to
admit I've never used Mac OS X. I'm a long standing KDE fan and will always
be, no matter what people say about Gnome and the rest I've never liked any
desktop environment as much as KDE and I've never liked any applications as
much as KDE applications running in KDE.

There's a reason why apple is porting KHTML over to Mac OS X and why there are
others (not sure if they're apple or not) porting KOffice and KMail/Kontact
to Mac OS X, its because Qt is an excellend product and all the KDE
components are excellent.

Thats my $0.02 worth, as you can tell I really like KDE and Qt, so much so in
fact that I learned how to program with C++ and Qt specifically with writing
KDE programs as one of my goals and eventually getting involved in the
project when I get good enough at it. I doubt you'll be able to find anyone
who likes any other desktop environment as much as I like KDE.