[CS-FSLUG] Thought on food

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:23:32 CDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:04:52 -0400, Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Friday October 22 2004 9:15 am, Tim Young wrote:
> > When a fellow missionary took me out to eat durian for my first time, we
> > started eating it.  I ate a few chomps, then asked him if it was rotten.
> >  His response?  "Well, I am not sure.  It has always tasted this way to me,
> > but I have not eaten it regularly."  His wife had made sure we ate it
> > outside, and had brought stuff so we could wash most of the smell off our
> > hands before returning to the house.  Strange stuff, Durian.
>
> Anything that smells that bad, CAN'T taste good!!!

I don't know about that.  Where I grew up in West Virginia, the older
men would go to "ramp dinners", usually a sort of fund raiser
activity, but sometimes just a party.  For those who may not know,
ramps are similar to onions.  They are very, very strong.  Once the
guys eat them, they typcially go home, and undress, either outside, or
right at the door.  The clothes don't get very far, and the guys
usually get a good shower before their wives will even allow them to
get close.  I have never heard tell of anyone getting to hug or kiss
the wife after a ramp dinner, but who knows? :)

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
gnumathetes at gmail.com