[CS-FSLUG] Distro flame

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:54:59 CDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:02:29 -0600, N. Thompson <n.thomp at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On October 21, 2004 12:09 am, Chris Brault wrote:
> > Hmmmm ...

> > > war, remember everyone

> > > frogs, SUSE by lizards,

> > > inflicted pain and Gnome by

> > I guess that leaves Fedora Core 3 on top yet again.
> >

> I love the optimism there, its encouraging to see that someone likes their
> favourite distribution enough to jump in like that and say its #1 because I
> forgot to say anything about it. Chris (or do you preffer Groundhog?), if I
> don't find a KDE based distribution I may very well install FC3 and XFCE
> myself just to see what they could have done to get you to like it so much, I
> may even find it to be a great GTK/Gnome distribution myself :-) .

But I thought you were after the QT toolkit - not GTK???  Or do you
really know for sure?  I must say, while I had tinkered with Red Hat
5.2/7.2 and Mandrake 8.0 (and like it very much), it was SUSE that
finally brought me into full-time use.  The thing I like about
Mandrake is that their setup (at least, in the past) offered a choice
between workstation and server setups.  I just thought that was very
well planned.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/