FW: [CS-FSLUG] Add-on to my previous message

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 12 14:11:35 CDT 2004

On Tuesday October 12 2004 1:32 pm, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
> Thanks, Stephen,
> I didn't realize this.  You've answered that question.
>
> So ... how do you do backups? It always involves burning a CD?

Ruth, depending on the amount that has to backed up, a CD or DVD burner can be
good. A GOOD tape drive is also a good choice, in particular the DLT drives
from ADIC.....VERY good and VERY expensive. Another VERY GOOD way to backup
is to buy a hard drive just for that purpose. Hard driver are cheaper than
any other method when you have a large amount of data.

Hope this helps,

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."