[CS-FSLUG] Mozilla stupidity

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Oct 6 20:30:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:17:00 -0500
Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:

> > I always create a local homepage with links I normally use.  I do
> > still use bookmarks, but mainly just include links to local
> > news/weather - things like that.  I guess blank pages just don't
> > make much sense to me. :)
>
> When your only connection is really slow dialup, home pages are a
> nuisance. That, plus I don't like leaving something large running when
> not in use, so I may need to open it when I'm not online, and who
> wants a bunch of error messages?

I left out a clarifying detail: I use my browser a great deal to check
webpages I've written. I used to use that trick of a local bookmark
homepage until I started keeping a website. Then it began to annoy me
that I would be inside a subdirectory somewhere and try to call up the
browser from the commandline and get error messages.

--
Ed Hurst