[CS-FSLUG] Add-on to my previous message

groundhog3000 groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 17:36:36 CDT 2004

Good choice,

> Whew! Everything from the commandline would be too much like falling
> into an alegbra course without preparation! No, I was advised to go to
> Mandrake over at DesktopLinux.org. I now feel content again with my
> choice, though when I hear others rave about another distro I become
> the proverbial curious cat. :)

As you gain experience with Linux, you may begin to ask questions about
how this or that is done on the command line (which is used to see the
internals of what is going on and to catch errors).  After a while,
something like a Knoppix or Lunar lunux may interest you, or perhaps a
minimal disktop, where you can do command line or GUI.  Later, you may
delve into debian.  You will eventually be alot better informed and
ready to take on linux on any terms without fear.  You will also
probably settle on a distro that you like best for whatever reason or
another.  Until then, have fun!

Gabe