[CS-FSLUG] Need recomendations for Domain and Web Site Hosting

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Tue Nov 30 11:48:03 CST 2004

Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> Following Fred's letter, I would like to add that domain names are
> usually not that expensive. A com/net/org TLD would cost around
> $12/year. I use www.gandi.net as my registrar. They are very good and
> strongly recommended. I'm sure other people in the list has other names
> to recommend as well. IIRC, I've heard here names such as Dotster or
> GoDaddy, but I can't endorse these shops because I never did any
> business with them.

I will suggest GoDaddy.  I have had plenty of recommends to them and
they transfered my domain from NetworkSolutions without any hassle.
That is normally the sticky issue with Netsol; ownership of domains.
Paying up yearly is no longer a routine for me. Paying about the same
put me out a few years (I got more years for the NetSol price) so I
guess all I need to worry about now is my user/pass on their site. ;)

Blessings,
--
Warren Sanders
Family Photo Galleries