[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Nov 30 11:32:25 CST 2004

On Mon November 29 2004 8:52 pm, Daniel Miller wrote:
> EDS isn't exactly the best company suited to run NMCI.  The whole idea
> behind NMCI is to free up manpower for the fleet.  (Green side/blue
> side).  EDS management really leaves allot to be desired.  Remember
> there are always to sides to every story.
>
> I understand what it's like to have admin access one day and then the
> next day be deomoted to "user".  It is a pain, especially when you
> know what the problem is and can fix it yourself.

EDS software has been marketed with a low-ball price, and promises they have a
very hard time keeping, if at all. However, some of the problems about Navy
carriers (many being stranded and have had to be towed into base) have had
NOTHING to do with EDS but purely MickySoft.

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."