[CS-FSLUG] Corporate Greed (was: Biblical anti-MS, pro Free Software arguments)

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:46:52 CST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:22:01 -0800, groundhog3000
<groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Interesting,
>
> >I see the day coming SOON that M$ WILL play a promanant position as a tool of
> >the Anti-Christ, IF we don't take action NOW!
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Fred

<SNIP>

> What is it like to be deceived like them?   Let me sum it up with this
> conversation:
> While in San Antonio, working for $10.00/hr doing secretarial and patent
> work,
> my boss, who ears $250,000/yr working 4 hours a day 4 days a week, says
> to me:
> "You'd be surprised how hard it is to live off of $100,000 a year."
> I responded, "Yeah, I probably would be ..."
>
> Gabe Ginorio

<begin sarcasm>
It _is_ tough to live off of $100,000 a year.  When you make that much
money, people expect you to ditch your current residence for a larger
house.  Oh yeah, and don't forget the boat.  If you have $100,000/yr,
you _have_ to have a boat.  Cars?  Gotta have them, too.  Naturally,
the wife has to go shopping.  Did I mention the twenty or thirty
credit cards?  And hubby has to have a plane to fly (gotta have some
kind of hobby, you know).  Then, with the country  club membership,
well, there's hardly anthing left over to buy groceries!
</end sarcasm>

<begin smart-aleck remarks>
Of course, need to learn just how tough it is to live off of $100,000
a year.  That'd really teach me a lesson! :)
<end smart-aleck remarks>

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/