[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording

Robert W. robertwo at access-4-free.com
Thu Nov 25 08:53:38 CST 2004

On 11/24/2004 11:11:57 PM, Brian Derr wrote:
> Our church has been wanting to do this for quite a while and now we
> are
> going to get our chance.  We recently had a large donation given to
> us
> in order to upgrade our sound system.  We got all kinds of new
> gadgets,
> one being the Marantz CDR510 CD Player and CD Recorder
> (http://www.d-mpro.com/users/folder.asp?FolderID=1810).  This thing
> is
> great, you hook it up to your sound system and can play CDs and
> record
> to a CD simultaneously.  We can now record a sermon straight to CD,
> take
> it home, edit it down, encode to mp3 (and hopefully ogg if I get my
> way
> ;-) and pop it up on the web server.  Done.

It's fun playing with new gadgets  :)  I'll look into CD recorders.

I succesfully hooked up a test PC and recorded last week's service to
hard drive. The sound card is older, but recording sounded no worse
than tapes.

Someone suggested looking at mini-ITX boards (wasn't it Nathan?). I can
build a diskless ogg and CD recorder for $500 to $600, excluding
monitor. The monitor I think we can get for free.

Instructions for the diskless recorder can be found here:
http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8275095591.html

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

And the LORD said... "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I
will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19b