[CS-FSLUG] Dual booting problem after moving hard disks

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Wed Nov 24 22:18:33 CST 2004

I eventually got around to moving the two hard disks from a PII to a
PIII today (one small one with Win98 and the other with Libranat 2.8).
However when trying to boot into Win98 I get the following error
message: Booting Windows on /dev/hda1
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
make active
chainloader +1
Invalid system disk
Remove the disk, and then press any key

Libranet boots OK and I can see Windows from within Libranet; also
Knoppix sees all the Win partitions.

Windows is on the master hard disk, which is on the primary ide cable.
Libranet is on the second (slave) hard disk, also on the primary ide
cable.
Is there something that I need to change in grub?

TIA

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com