[CS-FSLUG] Even Microsoft is using Firefox...

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Nov 24 12:05:00 CST 2004

Saw on another list...

See screenshot here:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/N/NY87511172021.html?SITE=MNFER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

--------------
Microsoft gave the press an MSN Search screenshot – using Firefox, but
denies that it had done so

Ido Kenan, NRG Maariv
23/11/2004 11:16

Oddly enough, Microsoft is promoting Mozilla Firefox. The company
recently provided the press with a screenshot of MSN Search displayed on
the open source browser. Microsoft's PR firm denied using Firefox for
any of MSN Search's screenshots
Alert reader Dror Levin read a review of the new MSN Search on the
Seattle Post Intelligencer. He noticed something strange about the
screenshot in the article, found a larger version of it and was
surprised to find out that while the OS was Windows XP, the browser used
was Firefox.

The photo credit says "(AP Photo/HO/Microsoft)", which menas it was
distributed to AP by Microsoft.

Brian Peterson, of Microsoft's PR firm Waggener Edstrom, said: "None of
our approved/distributed screen shots of MSN Search were made using a
Mozilla Firefox browser. Moving forward, we will not be commenting on
this issue".

Recently, MSN.com's Tech and Gadgets section's "Today in Downloads"
recommended software was Firefox. But that may not have been done by
design, as the software recommendations originate in CNET's
Download.com. Microsoft declined to comment on this.