[CS-FSLUG] Upgrading Mandrake

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 23 09:21:13 CST 2004

At 06:14 PM 11/22/04, N. Thompson wrote:
>Anyone know how smoothly it usually is, I've only done it once and it left me
>with some strange bugs however I think others in the list have had smoother
>experiences with it.

I've done in-place upgrades with RedHat, Mandrake, OpenBSD and
Windows.  Only a few have gone smoothly - most don't.  I expect that smooth
upgrades will depend very much on the versions involved and the installed
services - so it might be hard to find others who have tested the "same"
upgrade you are considering.  Whenever possible, I do a fresh install and
migrate.

Frank