[CS-FSLUG] SUSE gets favourable review for use on Laptops

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 18 16:48:36 CST 2004

Any news on whether SUSE 9.2 is going to have better performance?

For me the performance in SUSE 9.1 was inexcusable, my music would skip
if I did so much as start Konqueror, in any other distribution I could
run konqueror, kmail, OpenOffice.org, the configuration software and be
looking at a video or animation without my music skipping. The only
times I've had significant comparably poor performance in other
distributions was when my system was already burdened pretty heavily and
I was to start OpenOffice.org or if I was installing a lot of RPM's or
compiling a good sized program.

I don't know if anyone had the same experience with SUSE 9.1 as I did,
some who like the distribution may look past the problem or be
completely oblivious to it however if I were to describe the performance
I experienced in SUSE Linux 9.1 I'd compare it to a person trying to run
with a full grown elephant on their back.

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/