[CS-FSLUG] SUSE gets favourable review for use on Laptops

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 17 18:40:26 CST 2004

-----------------------

I'm neither a fan of OSNews nor am I too keen on giving SUSE another try
but it does seem, from what the article says, that Novell/SUSE is
putting in some serious effort into better laptop support. Now if only
someone could talk them out of messing around with OpenOffice.org and
get them to put more effort into optimizing the distribution and YaST so
it will actually be able to compare to other distributions as far as
speed goes.

Fred, do you have good connections with SUSE? Ask them to stop messing
around with the default settings (bullet size etc...) in OO.o and ask
them to optimize it better so I can use the distribution again ;-) .

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/