[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording

Robert W. robertwo at access-4-free.com
Fri Nov 12 17:18:24 CST 2004

On 11/12/2004 11:25:06 AM, Stephen J. McCracken wrote:
>> I won't be much help here, but I wish I could record straight to MP3
>
> For some situations this might be valid, but for most you don't want
> to do this.  As MP3 is NOT lossless compression, you usually would
> want to record to a better quality, do any editing, and have a high
> quality master to then encode to other formats.

The tape isn't great quality now. But there's no specific reason it has
to go straight to MP3. A digital recording in almost any format would
be a step in the right direction.

My main problem is making timely copies. Secondary is making it
available for downloads.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

And the LORD said... "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I
will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19b