[CS-FSLUG] `make install` in a fake root directory

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:49:38 CST 2004

Does the program in question have a ./configure script with a --prefix
option that you can set? Alternately, you could manually edit the
makefile to prevent any copying from taking place, and instead just
spit out a list of filenames and destinations.

You may also be able to use checkinstall, but set the install option
there to false.

David