[CS-FSLUG] Three OS's on one box

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 12 01:15:07 CST 2004

I've never had much luck with this before but I'm considering seeing if
I can run a third, light distribution along side Windows XP and Ark
Linux. I'm interesting in something that would fit on one distribution,
right now I'm thinking along the lines of Sam if the English translation
has improved significantly and if there is an easy way to install it on
the hard drive and an easy tool to resize Ext3 partitions with included
on the CD.

Anyone know whether this is possible, also I would like to keep it from
installing its own boot loader since I've spent a long time trying to
get Ark to work and I even had Bero ssh over to my computer to get one
of my CD-Rom drives working, as I've said before Ark is not ready for
serious use yet and since it took me so long to get it working well
enough for me to get started on volunteer work I do not want to damage
that in trying to stuff a third distro on my computer.

BTW. I think Ark crams everything into one partition so I should have
three on my HDD now, shouldn't I be able to create a fourth to locally
install a distribution? In case Sam doesn't have a hard-disk
installation program that will allow me to skip setting up a boot loader
is there another light distribution that will allow me to do this,
preferably one that either uses KDE, XFCE, IceWM or WindowMaker?

Thanks.

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/