[CS-FSLUG] Just thinking...

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 7 21:57:08 CST 2004

Don Parris wrote:

[snip]

>I have sought for seven years to eliminate some of the pagan elements
>of Christmas, but have yet to convince my wife to share in my
>adventure in this way.  I don't mind the lights, but I seek to replace
>the Christmas tree with the manger scene.  I have received mixed
>reactions to my proposal to place the presents under the manger scene
>(sitting on a table), thus denoting that Christ is the ultimate gift,
>all others being subordinate.

That could work, I've always regarded the tree as simply being a
decoration but a manger scene if done right could look just as nice. I'm
not sure why people have told you that using a manger scene instead of a
tree was blasphemous,  when you find out let me know.

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/