[CS-FSLUG] Just thinking...

David Kemsley dkemsley at lism.catholic.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 07:37:06 CST 2004

Don Parris wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:25:20 -0500, Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>

>>On Saturday November 6 2004 11:09 pm, Christopher Rose wrote:
>>

>>>I have been just thinking about this season that we are entering into. Some
>>>of you know that we are in the season of Pentecost and will full soon be in
>>>the season of Advent. I found myself thinking about this while at a thrift
>>>shop this evening. What got me to thinking about this was the fact that all
>>>the christmas merchandise was already out in the aisles. I have to wonder
>>>if perhaps we are starting to lose the true sense and meaning of this
>>>season called Advent (or christmas)? As a father of a little boy I find
>>>myself thinking about these things, especially when Big Idea has to put out
>>>a video like "The Toy That Saved Christmas" (a very well made and
>>>thoughtful video, but it cuts me to the heart to think that the holiday has
>>>become that commercial).
>>>
>>>Anyone have any thoughts?
>>>

>>'Been like this for a long time. I usually get so I won't watch T.V. at all
>>simply because I can't stand to watch another stinkin Christmas commercial!!
>>
>>Fred
>>

>Fred,
>I know we're kindred spirits, but sheesh!  This is getting scary!
>Just yesterday I heard "O Holy Night" (I think it was), and muttered
>to my wife about already having to listen to Christmas music.  Don't
>get me wrong - I love it - in its season.
>
>I have sought for seven years to eliminate some of the pagan elements
>of Christmas, but have yet to convince my wife to share in my
>adventure in this way.  I don't mind the lights, but I seek to replace
>the Christmas tree with the manger scene.

I like the idea!
Or maybe even a Crucifix. I know it's not the season but it's why he
came. Anything to put the focus back on Christ.

I wonder what kind of reaction I'll get in my house..

David

--
This email is intended for the named recipients only.  It may contain
privileged and/or confidential information.  Named recipients may only

Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses. Our liability
is limited to resupply any affected attachments.

Unless explicitly attributed the opinions expressed in this message are the personal
views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the corporate opinion of the
school, the CEO or the Diocese of Lismore.