[CS-FSLUG] Church Web Page

Ruth Marlene Friesen bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Fri Nov 5 10:59:30 CST 2004

Christopher Rose wrote:

>I have been working on the web page for Our Saviour's Lutheran Church LCMC of Burien WA. I just recently added a "Verse of the Day" and a "Proverb of the Day" via http://www.christiansunite.com (I think I got that right). I am posting the "editor" URL so that all who recieve this can view and perhaps send me recommendations on how to make it better without making things too complicated. The "editor" URL is:
>
>http://kf6snj.tripod.com/OSLC/church.html
>

>Also, I am contemplating creating a new webpage account and transfering everything over to it. Can anyone recommend a good christian web page host that is also free?
>
>Pax,
>
>Christopher Rose

Hi Chris,
I was just wondering why I saved your email in my inbox. Now I remember.
I was going to tell you about http://www.witnesstoday.org/ I  met the
owner, Paul, through GNWDA, a Christian web designer mailing list. I set
up a writer friend on his free hosting. I'm not sure if he is still
doing it, but he offers free hosting to those who promise to witness to
Christ on their site.

I found it a bit frustrating when I put my friend's site on there,
because he has a Windows server rather than unix, which I find in most
other places, but if you have an FTP program, you can get around that.
He puts no ads on your site, and if you can't afford a domain, he'll pay
for that too. He  did for April.

Blessings, & I hope it's not too late, or that you're not discouraged if
no one else answered.

Ruth