[CS-FSLUG] America & Iraq

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Nov 4 22:23:42 CST 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 06:30, David Kemsley wrote:

> Thirdly, and I fear I'll get flamed off for saying this, but I don't
> agree with most of the political stuff on this list. I'm against the
> war on Iraq and the motivation behind it. I'm against the way George
> Bush has used fear to drive a war which America needed to support
> itself financially. I'm against the way other countries (including my
> own - Australia) were dragged into a war which had nothing to do with
> them. I find it hard to believe the propaganda that Iraq were a
> terrorist threat, and that the war has now helped that (IMHO war only
> creates terrorists). I find it hard to believe that it was a justice
> war against an evil tyrant when it was America that put him in to
> power to begin with.

You'll find more sympathy than you might think. I usually avoid overt
political chatter on this list because I am not in the mainstream. My
blog, however, is rife with some of what you say. As Tim warns us all
again from time to time, political posts are supposed to be marked
"PD:". OTOH, good devotional posts don't require any markings, I
believe.

At any rate, I join the others in welcoming you to the list. Please, do
stay and give us a chance to make you more comfortable.

--
Ed Hurst