Slackware things was Re: [CS-FSLUG] Babel? Oh my ...

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue May 18 08:42:44 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:05:22AM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> Wow Brian, now that was a real story there! I feel like being among old
> warriors, survivors, trading war stories from the good times :-), only
> without the bragging...

:-)

> I have two questions for either you or anyone else on the list:
>
> 1. How can I report a bug in Slackware?
> (Because I feel I have to share this as a bug, and also the workaround,
> with other people from the distro)

Try support at slackware.com, however, I'm not sure if this is the correct
address.  I've looked around on their site a bit and think this would be
the best place to try.

> 2. How can I get a good connection speed from linuxpackages.net?

Most of the packages shown on linuxpackages.net are hosted by the
package creator themselves, thus a lot are going to be on your basic
broadband service.  Linuxpackages.net doesn't have the money to host so
many packages and will only host a package that is under 10MB I think.
In other words, unless we can get a volunteer to step up and host the
whole enchilada (mmmm, enchiladas) on a fast connection we just have to
live with the connection speeds.  :-\

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7