[CS-FSLUG] Goodbye, I resign.

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Sun May 16 08:35:45 CDT 2004

I have been on this list for about 1/2 a year and I have a suggestion to
make.  I am deeply pained when brothers and sisters "in Christ" seem to
forget that they all have One Spirit insided of them that should keep them
from personally hurting one another (or for that matter any of God's
creations).

I work at a Christian school of about 500 students from Pre-K to 12th grade.
Our student body comes form over 75 different churches and many different
denominations.  One of my responsibilities is to teach a couple of Bible
classes.  As you can imagine this could be a very sticky proposition
especially since I am Penticostal and the school was founded by a Lutheran
Church.

The wisdom of the founding Administration has proven its weight in gold many
times over by one simple rule.  When dealing with issues that do not pertain
to Salvation always state them as "This is my belief" or "This is my
opinion."  By doing this you open up the class for other beliefs and
opinions that you can now discuss.  It changes the atmosphere from an
argument to a discussion.

I suggest that this group could use that encouragement as well when dealing
with Biblical issues.

Now in dealing with Linux we all know that there is only one good
distribution that any one with any sence uses. :()

God Bless - I'm off to church.

Pastor Doug Coats