[CS-FSLUG] Script-error

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Thu May 13 09:45:32 CDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 07:50:52PM +0300, Jukka Y wrote:
> Sorry to bother you with this again, but I (still) have some problem with the
> script Jonathan sent to me few days ago... I removed "tildes" as David told
> me to, but perl-interpreter keeps warning me that "Unrecognized character
> \xA0 at convert line 10." There may be more coming later, but could somebody
> perl-capable point me what the error is?

Quick hint, if you are asking for help on a certain line, number your
script (man nl).

> I named script to "convert" and it looks this now:
[...]

Here is my updated script, try this out...I don't have c44 on my system
so I couldn't fully test this.

     1	#!/usr/bin/perl

     2	use strict;
     3	use warnings;
     4
     5	my $filelist = `find`;
     6	my @files = split /\n/,$filelist;
     7	for my $file (@files) {
     8	   next unless ($file =~ m#\.jpg$#);
     9	   $file =~ s#\.[^/]*$##;

    10	   my @cmdlist = <<EOF;
    11	convert '$file.jpg' '$file.pnm'
    12	rm '$file.jpg'
    13	c44 '$file.pnm' '$file.djvu'
    14	rm '$file.pnm'
    15	EOF

    16	   system ( @cmdlist );
    17	}

Let me know if this works.  I think the problem is that you cannot give
multiple commands to system() the way you did.  I could easily be wrong
though.  :-D

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7