[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Megahurtz Race

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Tue May 11 20:32:15 CDT 2004

> What was the megahertz speed of your first computer?

~1 MHz: a Coleco Adam.

> What is the speed of your present computer?

266 Mhz G3 Mac "all in one."

> Have you ever owned a system with a "performance rating"
> instead of a MHz rating?

Nope.

> Do you check your system speed to see if it really is running
> at the advertised speed?

Nope. I don't usually do anything processor-intensive. Mostly I do word
processing, HTML editing, E-mail, and so on, so this baby is plenty fast
enough.

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
"If Yei and all her ilk had their way, nobody would ever shoot
anybody, and chaos would rule the universe."     - Bruce Van Atta