[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mice

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Tue May 4 06:42:04 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12:37 am, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> QOTW: What type of mouse/trackball/touch pad do you use to control the
> cursor on your computer? What past mouse devices have you used? Did you
> like them better?
>

> For the most part, I use a Logitech MX700 wireless optical mouse. It's a
> really nice mouse that has great battery life and very good precision. I
> have it hooked up to my KVM, so I can use it to control my Mac as well
> as my PC's. I also use an Apple Pro Mouse on my Ruby iMac.
>
> I've used a lot of mice. I started off with a "Z-Nix" mouse that came in
> a bundle with Windows 3.1. It was a simple little square, glossy mouse.
> I think my next mouse was a brightly colored mouse that I was given (it
> was a review unit from a company that a family member worked at). After
> that, I had a three button el cheapo mouse (even cheaper than the
> others). Then I switched to an Alps touch pad... that was back when
> touch pads were new and so they were selling a stand alone one for
> desktops.
>
> From there, I went to a Microsoft IntelliMouse I received with a Dell
> computer. Then, I bought an IntelliMouse Pro (from Big Lots for only
> $9.99). After that I switched to the Logitech iFeel mouse (also from Big
> Lots) -- I never installed the software to make it "feel," I just liked
> its design (very comfortable). After that mouse -- which I still use for
> various purposes -- I was given a "water mouse," a little mouse that had
> water and little plastic fish swimming in it. That was amusing for a
> summer, but I soon switched to the MX 700, which I am still using. I
> also have a mouse that came with my Wacom tablet, but I rarely use it.
>
> On occasion, I also use an Apple Mouse (which is clear and white and is
> the current Apple mouse, not to be confused with the clear and black
> Apple Pro Mouse that no longer available), but for the most part, it
> just sits here.
>
> The MX 700 is my favorite by far. Logitech makes great mice. :-)
>
> How about you?

My first mouse I bought was a trackball. Then cordless mice started popping up
and I got the Logitech cordless, my kids got ahold of that and demolished it
so I ended up buying me a Micro Innovations cordless optical mouse and I
don't like this one. I want my logitech back, so sometime soon, im going to
go out and hunt my old logitech down.

David M.