[CS-FSLUG] Sending E-mail's via Network

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Jul 27 12:48:17 CDT 2004

The nsswitch.conf file (/etc/nsswitch.conf) file determines which has
presidence, the /etc/hosts file or the DNS.  If you are getting the
localhost.buddy, then you can change the order through which names are
looked up.  Usually, however, the /etc/hosts file is accessed first.

If you look in the /var/log/maillog (or wherever syslog puts the maillog),
you should be able to tell if you are getting something that looks like
buddy.localdomain or localhost.buddy or whatever.

	- Tim