[CS-FSLUG] Sending E-mail's via Network

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Jul 27 11:50:23 CDT 2004

My guess is that you need to change your sendmail.cf file to tell your
computer which domain to accept emails for.  By default, sendmail will
receive local emails and try to deliver emails that are local.  By local,
it defines it as being destined for localhost.

There are a few simple ways around this.  You can change your sendmail.cf
file to receive for the domain "buddy".  If you use the buddy smtp server
as your outgoing smtp server, you could also just send the email to
"dmcglone" without any @buddy.  This gets resolved to a local email address
and is usually delivered locally.

	- Tim