[CS-FSLUG] Disk partitioning, difference between logical and primary partitions?

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 25 12:06:28 CDT 2004

I've always wondered what the difference between logical and primary
partitions were, I've always used primary when partitioning but using that I
can only fit so many partitions onto a disk before its full.

I was wondering what the difference between logical and primary partitions
was, I think I remember seeing primary partitions nested in logical once
before so I think logical partitions are for increasing a drive's capacity to
store partitions. Am I correct?