[CS-FSLUG] Developing on Unix

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Jul 23 09:10:09 CDT 2004

> Would a book on Unix programming be just as good for Linux?
Check out "Unix Power Tools" published by O'Reilly. If you are going to
be exploring Bash Scripting or any coding that can take advantage of
good Unix knowledge. I have never seen a study of Regular Expressions so
beautifully thorough and understandable as in that book. From what I've
read, the whole book is of that quality.

The list price is Can $109, US $70, but you should be able to pick it up
for less. I managed a great deal during a "teacher rewards day". My wife
is a teacher and I just couldn't pass up 25% off. Worth every penny if
you really want to learn *nix inside out.

JSR/