[CS-FSLUG] Victory in the House Judiciary!

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jul 22 23:04:38 CDT 2004

 FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS.

Fred,

Less than 36 hours ago, Grassfire alerted you to the Family
Movie Act of 2004 (HR4586) that was in the House Judiciary
Committee.

In that update we explained how Hollywood powerbrokers were
suing to keep consumers from purchasing technology that
would give them the freedom to skip movie scenes they
deemed inappropriate.

We also asked nearly 500,000 citizens to contact members
of the House Judiciary Committee to express support for
the bill.

+ +Grassroots America Answers the Call

Less than 24 hours after sending out the message, the
House Judiciary Committee voted 18-9 to pass the bill!

Grassfire contacted the House Judiciary Committee, and
discovered that they had received "strong support for
the bill" in the hours leading up to the vote!

This is a great victory, and a prime example of how
grassroots citizen activism can make a practical
difference on key issues of importance, and we want
to thank everyone who took the time to call, fax
and email the committee.

+ + Critical Action Item + +

With the Family Movie Act of 2004 having passed
through committee, Grassfire will now press for
an immediate vote in the House.

#1-- To help make our case to House leadership,
we need additional support.

Currently 226,255 citizens have signed our Broadcast
Decency petition, but to generate the kind of impact
needed to bring this bill to a vote, we believe we
must reach 300,000 petitions by the end of the month.

After reading this update, pass it on to your friends--
urging them to sign our petition by clicking here:

http://www.grassfire.org/39/petition.asp?RID=1864622

You're actions have made a telling difference in this
debate, and we will be counting on you to help us get
the Family Movie Act brought to a House vote before
the end of the Summer.

Thanks for your help!

Grassfire.org Alliance

P.S. We will be delivering our Broadcast Decency petitions
to key House leaders just as soon as we reach 300,000 signers.
Please alert your friends today so they can be included in
our upcoming deliveries.

+   +  +   +   +   +   +   +   +   +  +  +   +   +   +   +   +   +   +
(Note: Please do not "reply" directly to this e-mail message. This
e-mail address is not designed to receive your personal messages.
To contact Grassfire.org with comments, questions or to change
your status, see link at the end.)
+   +  +   +   +   +   +   +   +   +  +  +   +   +   +   +   +   +   +

+ + + +
FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS.
+ + + +

+ + To read our latest news releases on the Family Movie Act:

http://www.grassfire.org/39/petition.asp?RID=1864622

+ + Click here to read our detailed Backgrounder on the
Family Movie Act:

http://www.grassfire.org/39/backgrounder.asp

+ + Visit our Home Page for the latest updates:

http://www.grassfire.org

+ + Comments? Questions?

http://www.grassfire.org/email.asp?ind=10

+ + + + +
Grassfire.org Alliance is a non-profit 501(c)4 issues advocacy
organization dedicated to equipping our 1.5 million-strong
network of grassroots conservatives with the tools that give you a
real impact on the key issues of our day. Gifts to Grassfire.org
are not tax deductible.

--
"Ballmer is no more designed for the art of persuasion
than the Abrams tank is for delivering meals on wheels."