[CS-FSLUG] Data migration

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 23 06:23:06 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:34:19AM -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Anyone have experience with migrating data bases? I have some
> opportunities to help folks migrate to Linux, but the show-stopper is
> that I can't find a means to move folks from Quickbooks to any of the
> FOSS alternatives. So far, it looks like it has to be re-entered by hand.

If I'm not mistaken SQLedger also has the ability to import from
Quickbooks.  From what I've heard SQLedger is one of the best money
softwares around.  I cannot say from experience because I don't use it,
but it may be worth investigating.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7