[CS-FSLUG] TH The kingdom of Heaven

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Mon Jul 19 14:26:12 CDT 2004

The teaching this week at the fellowship was about the Kingdom of Heaven
and was based on Luke 17:21 and also Luke 13:18-21 (parallel passage Mt.
13:31-33).
The question that I have is that since Jesus was talking to the
Pharisees then obviously the Kingdom of Heaven cannot be 'within' them
(unbelievers and hypocrites) and I have heard, and tend to believe, that
a better translation is "the Kingdom of Heaven is amongst you" --
Jesus talking about Himself. So this then leads to the parables about
the Kingdom of Heaven in Luke 13 -- 'the birds of the air' are
figuratively a picture of evil throughout the Bible and yeast is always
representative of sin (even when included in the wave offering).

What are your thoughts on this? Is the Kingdom of Heaven roughly
equivalent to the Church age or is it always the same as in 'God in
eternity'? If it is the Church age then I can see that Christendom
contains 'the birds of the air' ie. Christian cults and also contains
much sin, even spread throughout all the different denominations.

Your views would be much appreciated -- and/or links to some good
teaching :-)

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com