[CS-FSLUG] Why I've NEVER LIKED nor will use Asus!!

Clawman groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 21:23:35 CDT 2004

Well,

>What motherboard manufacturers would you recommend?  I've been using
>ASUS boards for a while, though mostly for Windows systems to be used by
>others.  My current ASUS board is working fine with Linux, but it's
>certainly worthy of note that a mobo maker is not designing their
>products to standard.
>
>It would help me to be a little more knowledgeable about the
>motherboards out there.

After purchasing a few computers lately, and asking trustworthy advice,
I would say that an excellent middle of the road board is the "ABit"
brand. The Athlon chips that run on them (not the cheap ones, but the
real ones) are fast and the board is very friendly with Linux. The Asus
boards are a headache, and I've seen that first hand. Just a thought.