[CS-FSLUG] Slackware 10

K. Luckenbaugh kluck at gdrs.com
Tue Jul 13 08:56:39 CDT 2004

Clawman wrote:

> Well, well, well,
>
>> Why are you using GRUB with Slackware?  It defaults to LILO, which in my
>> opinion, is much easier to use.  I've only tried once to use a
>> combination of an initrd image + GRUB and it wasn't pretty.  Ditch the
>> initrd image (if you can) and use LILO.  It will simplify things a lot
>> more.
>>
>> Oh, and one more thing, if you're running GRUB why did you run `lilo'?
>> :-)
>>

> Lilo is easier to use than Grub ... eh?  You don't need and initrd
> with Grub, especially
> with the 2.6 kernel.  I haven't used an initrd in a while. Indeed.

I never used grub, thats the thing. It just seemed to bring itself into
the mix.  I never configured for grub. Wasn't even sure if Slack had it!

Either way, I got it going. All is well.

 Next hurdle is dual boot Slack 10 and Mandrake 10.  You wouldn't happen
to know the correct lilo.conf for that combo,  would you???

-Kelly