[CS-FSLUG] Omnipotent You

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Fri Jul 9 22:54:16 CDT 2004

Here's the oft promised QOTW from David McGlone:
        If you could be God for about 5 days, what things would you try
        to change or accomplish with your life in your 5 days? (this
        excludes trying to save the world, stop hunger, etc etc.
        Basically you are God with powers to control your own life and
        destiny and not be able to change history or fix it before it
        happens).And if you want, give a brief explanation why you chose
        the accomplishment
        or change.

That is TOUGH! OK, I'll admit it, from this standpoint, I'd want to use
part of the time to make my life pleasant -- I won't pretend I wouldn't
want to. Here's the thing though: being God means having three very
important qualities. These are:
     1. Omnipresent
     2. Omnipotent
     3. Omniscient

With those in mind, I'd probably use my time much more wisely. Arguably
since God created time that would mean that if God handed me His powers
for five days I'd also be able to step outside of time and get more
done. But, that's aside the point.

So what would I do? Probably cause the clouds to rain properly
translated copies of the Bible to all of the people of the earth. I'd
also do some miraculous type signs (maybe the sun wouldn't come up one
day or the seas would turn to blood one day) to get people's attention.
Then I'd use a booming voice to tell everyone to read the book that had
hit them in the head to figure out what was going on. Perhaps I'd even
provide a few pointers while on the "megaphone."

Of course, that goes back to that omniscient characteristic. If I truly
had the qualities of God, I would do just what God is doing right now
because God already knows what is best to do. :-)