[CS-FSLUG] Some news

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 8 00:56:41 CDT 2004

Hi, I'm still here ;-)

Things aren't going well reinstalling everything on my computer, I've tried reinstalling Windows XP from scratch but that hasen't improved the serious instability issues at all. Every time its crashed for the last three days I've had both Azureus and FireFox running, I tried downgrading from the latest version of Java released just a few days ago and downgrading my copy of FireFox from 0.9 to 0.8 when the former didn't work but neither brought more stability to Windows XP. Finally I have resorted to removing FireFox and installing Opera (at least its better then IE) but having only just done this I do not know whether it will result in any improvement.

I have yet to get a Linux distribution installed, I don't feel like getting into a distribution debate right now so I'll just say I'm exploring my options.