[CS-FSLUG] BSD for linux users

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Wed Jul 7 08:13:28 CDT 2004

Now that I am back at home, I started again my adventures in BSD-land. I
prepared a installation media (cdrom) for FreeBSD, tried it once, but after
realizing the process has differences compared to linux, I decided to learn
more before actually diving into it (I try to preserve my win98/linux
installation, backups etc. which are alredy in a same machine).

I found a well-written tutorial: "BSD vs Linux" (- reading it right now).
Writer seems to understand both linux- and BSD- systems and draws a clear
picture of their backgrounds, development processes and the reasons what
makes them different. It is worth reading even if one chooses to stay with
linux.

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

I have also one question:
-Does FreeBSD installation recognize other installations in my harddrives and
does it offer a dual- (or triple-) boot options for them?

Blessings,
Jukka