[CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sun Jul 4 12:56:48 CDT 2004

> This will probably come to a suprise to a few Republicans on the list
> that
> know me, but I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find
> information on
> the things that our presidents have done durring their time in office.
>
> I also want to know if the Democratic party are pro abortion.

	That's the official stance. There are some democrats that are prolife
and some republicans that are pro-abortion, but as a rule Democrats get
major funding from groups like Planned Parenthood (the nation's largest
abortion system and lobby) and Republicans are supported by groups like
National Right to Life.

> "Do you believe that people that have a ton of money should pay more
> taxes
> than people who don't"
> My answer: No, I think everyone should pay the same amount of taxes.

	Very Republican issue. Democrats support taxing those who make/have a
lot of money at very high rates.

> "Do you believe in prayer in schools"
> My answer: Yes.
>
> He then says: your a Republican.

	Sounds like it to me.

> Now I am again confused with my political stance. And want to really
> find out
> the truth for myself.
>
> So does anyone know how I can answer these questions for myself?

	Well, consider this: groups like the ACLU are against prayer in
schools and are pushing for the secularization of schools. Groups like
Planned Parenthood push for more abortions and resist any attempt to
restrict abortion in the least. These are liberal groups. The
democratic party is liberal-to-moderate and is supported by these
groups.

	On the other hand the Republicans are supported by conservative groups
(Right to Life, tax reform people, Christian groups, etc.) and is
moderate-to-conservative. President Bush leans toward the liberal wing
of the Republican party on a lot of issues, actually: conservative
groups reject his initiatives that have caused large budget deficits,
and staunch conservative Republicans generally are a lot more
isolationist than the President has been.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)