[CS-FSLUG] I'm dangerous

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sun Jul 4 07:22:26 CDT 2004

N.Thompson wrote:
> This makes me reconsider trying Slackware, Mandrake works and thats
> something I've never found to be equally accurate in Slackware Linux. As
> much as I'm unhappy with not being able to find some rpm's for software
> without a Mandrake club membership its still better then having a
> distribution I know too little about to make any use of it.

Tinkering is indeed fun, and exploring BSD brings one much closer to the
actual workings of the inner system, since very little of it is easy to
use. OTOH, the documentation is there, even if highly technical.

When time permits, I may some day play with it more. Recently, I have
been doing more work in my ministry that requires trusting the computer
to work, not tinkering with it.

As for blaming myself, in the final analysis, that's where the answer to
all the difficulties are. If it works for thousands of others, then the
failure is quite likely mine. So it is with Linux. Keep in mind I also
do not take myself too seriously. I prefer to poke fun at myself first,
since there's no chance I'm going to hurt my own feelings. :-D

--
Ed Hurst