[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #8: Canon Questions

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Thu Jul 1 09:11:37 CDT 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 01:01, Timothy Butler wrote:
> What's your canon in the canon? (That is, if you could only pick one
> part of the Bible and make it "yours," what book or section of books
> would it be?)

Mine is the crank answer. I've studied this in too much detail to make a
personal answer. I am "owned" by the scholarship behind the decisions
on what the canon is. Like Tim, I love Paul's works, but the Gospels
hold me strongest. Still, I cannot bring myself to suggest using the
term "canon" in a personal application. While I won't argue or debate,
I bristle at the idea our current canon could be re-examined.

The curmudgeon has spoken. :-)

--
Ed Hurst