[CS-FSLUG] A Big Fly in the Open-Source Soup

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Wed Aug 18 01:31:46 CDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:00, Fred Miller wrote:
> http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2004/...

He didn't understand the following things (plus many others besides),
and now does:

 * the GPL is not a contract

 * Linus can keep using the GPL even if RMS doesn't want him to

 * Linus owns the *trademark* not all of the *copyright* on Linux

 * There is much BSD software kicking around as well

Cheers; Leon

--
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be