[CS-FSLUG] Website midi problems

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Mon Aug 16 02:11:02 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a website http://www.messianicecards.com where it is possible to
send greeting cards with embedded midi files. The problem is that I have
never been able to get them to play on a Linux system.
I have tried Konqueror, Firefox and Opera but none actually plays the
file.

I have tried changing the file associations for konqueror using the KDE
control center but stil have not managed to get the midi files to play.
I do get a new window with 'Music Is Playing' and an error message in
the middle:
Unable to load Netscape Plugin for http://name_of_site.com

Both Firefox and Opera give a similar new window but no error message in
the middle.

If I configure Konqueror's file associations to use Kmidi as an external
viewer then I just get endless error windows (to get rid of them I have
to *kill* Kmidi) informing me:
/var/temp/kde-cache-nigel/krun/name-of-file.midi
No such file or directory

I would really like to be able to sort this out so that I can add a
*little* howto for Linux users.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com