[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Fri Aug 13 10:05:57 CDT 2004

Hello Steven,
	I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. The list has no agenda at
all, and it does indeed move to the topics it is suppose to often
times. The list, as I see it, seems to blow around -- some months it
beats one topic to death, other months other topics --- but, I don't
mean to make that sound bad! We've had some months where we had some
major theological discussions (very interesting topics were covered)
other months when we've dove into any number of FOSS issues, and so on.
While myself and Eduardo Sanchez are moderators, we do not typically
moderate the list unless someone complains about something (with the
object of keeping moderating to a minimum), obviously I can take your
message as a deserved critique of the list that requires some action.

	Normally, I post to the list more with the goal of keeping a wide
variety of discussions going (as do a number of others), but
unfortunately, I've been swamped a lot in the last few months and list
posting ends up being trumped by other things.

	I hope you reconsider and maybe add some posts about FOSS. You'll find
there is a HUGE wealth of FOSS knowledge on this list -- one just has
to get it going by asking a question or posting a topic that strikes
someone's fancy.

	One thing I haven't been enforcing lately, which I should, is that all
political messages are suppose to be prefixed by the mark "PD:" by the
sender. This insures that those not interested in political messages
don't see them. Similarly, when we had a huge amount of traffic in
theological discussions, we encouraged members to put a "TD:" on those
messages. It helps a lot. I'll go post an "official reminder" about
that right now. If you could filter out political messages from your
mailbox, would you think about staying?

	I always hate to see a brother in Christ leaving the list because of
something I am sure we can fix.

	Blessings to you.

	-Tim