[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Fri Aug 13 09:48:20 CDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 12:13, Steven T. Fricke wrote:
> Now, I am done. I can't take this group any longer. I have braved it out
> as much as I can, but you guys are driving me nuts.
>
> I can't add anything to your political rants because I just don't care
> to hear it in this forum. I was too new to consider jumping in and
> starting a *real* thread ON TOPIC and really had hopes that I would
> really find open discussion about FOSS going on from a Christian point
> of view. That sounded interesting! What might be out there that I don't
> know about yet? Based on discussions since I joined; NOTHING. I was
> hoping that maybe people knew about new versions of BibleTime or maybe
> even other new Open source bible study software. Maybe even some
> theological discussions. I can't find any of that though the political
> positioning.
>
> Let me quote your FAQ:
>
> 3.) Q: What kind of topics are allowed on CS-FSLUG?
> A: ChristianSource topics can be pretty much anything that would
> interest a Christian Linux/free software enthusiast. Troubleshooting,
> administration, new software, prayer requests, and even calm theological
> discussions are welcome.
>
> I can't find much of that going on here.
>
> About all I can see is extreme right-wing American political messages
> forwarded and discussed, and accusations that it is impossible to NOT be
> a Conservative American Republican an still be Christian. Somewhere I
> lost the FOSS discussion in all that.
>
> I even tried to pull back on the American politics by politely asking
> how many people here don't live in the USA or are USA citizens. Get a
> clue! I thought this was an international community of Christians
> discussing FOSS topics, Instead all I saw was Americans agreeing among
> themselves about extremist right-wing ideas. What if... I mean really
> think about this... What if there are people on this board who are NOT
> American and NOT extremist right-wing people and still are Christians in
> the FOSS community.
>
> I have no more time for this drivel. I am unsubscribing.
>
> I will continue requested prayer requests, but I think I have nothing to
> add to this group. It appears to me that you have a different agenda
> than your FAQ states.
>
> May the Lord God bless all of you.
> I pray for the best for everyone here.
>
> Steven

Hi Steven!

I have been a subscriber to this forum ten months now and it seems to me that
you have got a wrong picture about this forum. I agree that these
"voting"-topics are not very much related to purpose of this forum (and
probably odd to many non-americans), but If you check discussion-archives you
can see these are quite rare. Most discussions are about software and
computers.

Ps. I am not american, nor supporter of (any) extreme political ideas.

Blessings,
Jukka